Saturday, June 15, 2013

Booking a Dhow Cruise exclusively for your party – Part II


The cruise was extremely enjoyable, the food was great except for dessert which was awful. However, we had our own cake, which made up for that. It’s good to note that every one of my guests who had to speak to Rikk’s Managing staff (Except for the aforementioned Pooja) told me that they were incredibly rude. I experienced this myself with one of the managing staff before getting on the boat. The staff on the boat itself were helpful and efficient. Either way, the experience was not ruined. Rikk’s had booked a Tanoura dancer for the cruise, even though I had cancelled it prior to the event- so we were all a bit surprised when he turned up in his gear. We had to cancel him again though, since he would have interfered with the picture-taking and cake cutting.

The mic system was not state of the art- but we didn’t need that, so it worked fine for our short speeches.

I’ll upload a picture of the cake as soon as I have one (I, personally, didn’t take any on the cruise!) especially since I have a review of 3 cake companies including the one I got the wedding party cake from.